One college student's struggles to overthrow her slovenly ways

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Day One

Today I realized that I could take better care of my home. Okay, so this realization has been skulking around in the recesses of my mind, but today I decided to change this.
I had a headache from sleeping too much (since I didn't have much to do today) and was feeling generally irritable. I went to bake some bread and realized that before I could make said bread, I would have to clean off at least a section of counter. As I was kneading my bread (a cheese and garlic loaf, yum, yum) it occured to me that almost every other part of my life is regulated, calendared, and checklisted to death, and almost everything gets done on a regular basis. But since no one *makes* me do housework, I'd rather sit and knit or read instead. In the interest of domestic happiness, I'm going to change that.
So here's the deal; at least once a week and once on the weekend I will clean something or work on a project for the home.
Today's goal: bread and a clean spot in the kitchen.

No comments:

Post a Comment